Frequently Asked Questions
CLICK TO SEE DETAILS
Can I Still Zip If I Have Health Concerns?
Alaska Zipline Adventure Park (AZAP) is designed for participants in reasonably good health. Each participant must be able to follow their guide’s simple directions and climb a 35-foot staircase. Even though ziplining doesn’t take much physical effort, we encourage you to consider your comfort level with heights and the number of ziplines on the tour – people with a serious fear of heights should not participate. In addition, ziplining is not for those with recent joint or bone injuries, heart conditions, or if they are pregnant.
You May Not Participate In The Tour If You Are:
- Pregnant or think you may be pregnant
- Have broken bones that are casted or air casted
- Under the influence or have consumed any drugs or alcohol prior to the tour
It is at the discretion of our guides to determine if you can complete the tour.
Any Of The Following Medical Conditions MAY Prohibit You From Participating
We strongly recommend you consult your physician prior to participation. We encourage you to share any medical conditions on the participant waiver, and discuss any concerns you may have with your guide:
- Heart disease or any other cardiac condition that may require immediate medical attention
- Take any blood thinning medications
- Insulin dependent
- Severe allergic reactions
- Severe, recent, reoccurring, or existing injuries
** If you have questions regarding your ability or the ability of someone within your group to participate in one of our courses due to a recent injury, disability, or visual impairment, please notify us 48 hours prior to your booking so that we can discuss the details of your visit.
Adventure Park Guidelines
- Alaska Zipline Adventure Park Staff Retains The Right: to cancel the tour mid-trip if adventurers fail to follow the safety instructions given by guides and staff, at which point the participant will returned to the main office. There will not be refunds for cancellations due to failure to follow guidance of our staff and guides.
- Tour cancellation for inclement weather is at the discretion of AZAP Management. Tours may be cancelled due to severe weather conditions including high winds, lightning, or intense rains. Sometimes these conditions last only a short period of time and may not impact the entire day. If your tour is cancelled, AZAP will make every effort to reschedule your tour at a time convenient for you.
- We ask that you arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled tour time. This will allow enough time to prepare for your ziplining experience. If you are late, you may not be able to join your tour. Your tour will leave as scheduled whether you are there or not. Please make sure to check current road conditions on local highways and account for slow travel on country roads when planning your visit to Alaska Zipline Adventure Park.
- Guests must be a minimum of 10 years old AND weigh between 70 & 270 pounds to participate
- Youth under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent/adult on the Alaska Zipline Adventure Park experience.
- We can accommodate large groups! Please call our sales team to facilitate the booking. NOTE: Group discounts must be paid with one credit card at the time of booking and group discounts may not be combined with any other discounts.
Do I Need To Bring My Own Gear?
AZAP will be providing you with all the gear that you need for our course. Guests are required to wear gloves throughout the tour. Our gloves are disinfected and cared for between uses, however if you would like to purchase a pair rather than using ours, they are available for purchase in our gift shop. Guests will not be able to bring and wear their own gloves from home and must wear ours or purchase gloves from our shop.
Can I Carry My Phone or Camera With Me to Take Pictures?
We know that this is an experience you will not want to forget! If you would like to rent a GO-PRO this can be handled at our gift shop. If you decide to bring a phone or camera, make sure that it can be attached to your body with a secure strap that will not interfere with our gear. Secure phone lanyards are available for purchase in the gift shop. Our course is at heights of over 50 feet throughout the entire course and items that are dropped with likely be lost and unrecoverable.
What To Wear & How To Prepare:
- Wear comfortable clothes (please no skirts or dresses). Closed-toed shoes that secure to your foot; tennis shoes or hiking boots are a great option. Long hair should be pulled back in a ponytail, secure glasses with a strap and remove all dangling jewelry!
- Wear layers, early morning and late afternoon flights may be a little chilly.
- Keep your pockets free of sharp object like keys or pens. We provide secure storage for your valuables inside our Gift Shop!
- We also provide the harness, the helmet, and the gloves.
AZAP operates rain or shine. “Zipping in the rain” can add another level of excitement to your adventure, please dress appropriately.
Terms and Conditions Of Sale:
- All sales are final
- Use our facilities at your own risk.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
- We have a 48-hour cancellation policy. If you cancel your reservation outside 48 hours prior to your tour date, your payment, less a $25 per person administration fee, will be refunded to you. If you need to change your reservation date or time, you may do so one time, up to 48-hours prior to your originally scheduled tour, at no charge.
- No refunds or reschedules will be given with less than 48-hour notice.
- Your reservation is transferable, so you can give it away or sell it if you choose, provided the person you’ve transferred your adventure to falls within the allowable weight range.
- If you arrive for your tour and decide not to zip you will not be given a refund.
- If Alaska Zipline Adventure Park cancels your tour due to weather or other unforeseeable conditions, we will reschedule your tour for another available time or give you a full refund…your choice.
- We do expect you to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your reserved tour time. If you are late, you will not receive a refund or be able to join your tour. Your tour and guide will leave as scheduled whether you are there or not.
- The canopy tour is designed for use by participants of average mobility and strength, and who are in reasonably good health. You must be at least 10 years old and weigh a minimum of 70 pounds up to a maximum of 270 pounds. Our guides WILL verify that each participant is within the age/weight parameters. Refunds will not be given for individuals who change their minds or are outside of these limits.
- No refunds are given for late arrivals. We ask you to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your reserved tour time to allow for check-in and tour preparation. Refunds will not be given if you have missed your scheduled tour. Rescheduling for a missed tour is at the discretion of management and availability in the schedule. This is not a guarantee.
AZAP does NOT allow pets on the canopy tour. Please leave them at home.
We have limited seating near the Gift Shop. We ask that you stay near the Gift Shop and not walk about on the property. You will not be able to view the zipline from the gift shop seating area. There is no access for spectators near the zipline course.